As 2014 comes to a close, we’d like to share our Annual Report with you, highlighting our Awesome 2nd Year of Serving The Whole Student!
2014: The Year of Collaboration
We believe that Collaboration for the Next Generation is the way to bridge the school/home gap. We live out that motto by working together with schools, teachers, parents, and therapists to provide Wraparound Support Services. Here are just a few ways we’ve worked hard to work together this past year:
- The Center for Well Being: Teaming up with Dr. Stephanie Mihalas, PhD, NCSP of The Center for Well Being to Provide School Placement Consulting Services
- Innovative Speech & Language Pathology: Co-Hosting quarterly Parent-Focused Education Advocacy Workshops – How to Navigate the Regional Center and School District IEPs with Odelia Mirzadeh, CCC-SLP of Innovative Speech & Language Pathology
- Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District: Special Education Field Training in Elementary Life Skills Classroom at SMMUSD
- Links We Love: Our Recommended List of Therapists, Schools, and Pediatric Support Providers is growing because we’re out there meeting other support services who can work together to benefit our students too
We Gave Back Over $5,000 to PoP
Terry Tutors shares a global mission of education and supports organizations, like Pencils of Promise (PoP), that believe all children should be given a shot at bettering themselves and circumstances through education. We’re on our way to building a school abroad and have given back over $5,000 to PoP.
Check out how you can Support PoP and Terry Tutors in our effort to build a school abroad together.
More & More IEPs from Los Angeles to San Diego
We’re becoming the IEP Experts, expanding our Education Advocacy service to all of Southern California.
This year we’ve worked with school districts from Los Angeles to San Diego:
- Helping parents of special needs children navigate the system to get the OT, PT, SLP, SAI, Resource, Accommodations, and Modifications they needed;
- Mediating communications between the family and the school; and
- Coming to the IEP Table ready to collaborate in the best interest of the student.
We believe that collaboration instead of litigation is the way forward and do our best to come to IEP Meetings ready to mediate communications and negotiate services and supports in the best interest of our students.
Here’s to 2015!
Thank you for your continued support of referrals, recommendations, and recognitions. Here’s to 2015 and our continued mission of Collaboration for the Next Generation!
“Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much.” ~ Helen Keller, Special Education Student & Advocate
Christine Terry, J.D., is a Special Education Advocate & Founder of Terry Tutors. She created the One Wraparound Service for The Struggling Student, which includes Academic, Behavior, Special Education Advocacy, and School Placement services. Want to Know More? Head on over to TerryTutors.com