Here are some stats that will warm your heart:
- 1 New Comprehensive Support Service: We’ve streamlined our Private Tutoring, Family Coaching, and Education Advocacy services into One Comprehensive Support Service Designed Specifically for The Struggling Student. We saw a need to bridge the gap between home and school support and took it upon ourselves to create a boutique, in-home and at-school program designed specifically to help students who are struggling in school due to ADHD, Autism, Anxiety, Twice-Exceptional, Learning Differences, Behavior Challenges, Social Skills Needs, Family Dynamic Concerns, Trauma, Depression, and Low Confidence and Low Self-Esteem. Read more about our program here
- 5 Trainings: To keep our General & Special Education skills in tip-top shape, we’ve attended and gained membership to 5 conferences, trainings, and workshops with well-respected national and local organizations, such as the Council of Parents, Attorneys, and Advocates, Autism Partnership, and DirectEd Specialized IEP Services. Read more about our passion for learning new skills here
- 6 Support Team Members: We’re proud to work with 6 Terry Tutors Support Team Members, who are trained and passionate about providing support services focused on the child with learning differences, behavior challenges, and social skills needs. Learn more about our Team here
- 50 Tips & Tools: We’ve published over 50 Tips on How to Serve the Whole Student on The Terry Tutors Blog & many more on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Tumblr. Follow Us for More Weekly Tips!
- 70 Service Providers: In order to make sure our families and students know of the best educational support resources around, we’ve personally met with over 70 Support Service Providers, including Specialized Schools & Academic Services, Education Advocacy Organizations, Therapists, Psychologists, and Assessment Evaluators, Autism Support Providers, State Regional Centers for Children with Qualifying Disabilities, Special Needs Financial Planners and Attorneys, Domestic & Nanny Agencies; Pediatric Support Services, and Behavior Intervention Services. Find all of our recommended Support Service Providers here
- 700 Service Hours: We’ve completed almost 700 in-home and at-school service hours specifically in the areas of Academic Support through Private Tutoring, Behavior Support through Family Coaching, and IEP Education Advocacy for typically and atypically developing students in both private and public schools throughout Los Angeles.
- 3,000 Dollars Donated: In keeping with our commitment to global education we’ve donated nearly $3,000 to Pencils of Promise, and we’re on our way to building a school abroad! Read more here
What can you look forward to from Terry Tutors in 2014?
More greatness, of course! We’re excited to continue with our Mission of Collaboration for the Next Generation. With the expansion to Orange County, our One Comprehensive Service for The Struggling Student will be able to help more students and their families move forward successfully in school and in life!
Christine Terry, J.D., is the Founder & Owner of Terry Tutors and creator of the One Comprehensive Support Service for The Struggling Student. Want to Know More? Head on over to TerryTutors or contact us below: