We are honored to be nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Thank you to Karuna for the nomination and for sharing her personal insight into Living, Learning, and Letting Go.
The Terry Tutors Blog is a complement to our Comprehensive Support Service for Struggling Students found at Terry Tutors.com. We are dedicated to helping families learn valuable tips, tools, and techniques for guiding their kids towards academic and life success. We believe in Serving The Whole Student. As such, our blog is geared towards striking a balance between the challenging world of education and the emotional support kids need in order to reach individual achievement.
Since January 2013, we’ve had the privilege of working with kids who are struggling in school due to a learning difference, behavior challenge, social skills need, or family dynamic concern. Oftentimes, these kids are labeled “The Problem Student” and spend most of their day in the principal’s office. We are able to turn things around in a positive, collaborative way and help Struggling Students become Successful Students through (1) our conscious effort to re-frame the school’s approach to teaching a child with out-of-the-box needs, and (2) by helping the family accept the gifts that a child with these attributes brings to the table.
Paying It Forward:
In the spirit of paying it forward, we would, in turn, like to nominate the following bloggers for their efforts to inspire others to become the best versions of themselves.
- Actualization: The Human Potential Project
- Ask A Magnet Yenta: A Parent to Parent Resource for LA Public Schools
- Beyond Basic Play: Pediatric Therapy
- Don’t Be a Chicken: Face Your Fears and You’re One Step Closer to Your Dream
- Feet From Shore: Photography Adventures from a Spaniard Living in Los Angeles
- Fuzz Face Farmer: City Boy Turned Bohemian Farming Apprentice
- Gatsby in LA: TV Writer turned English Teacher. My Year of Learning About Education in LA
- Kids Talk Radio: Helping Students in 34 Countries Communicate to Each Other
- Lederr: Bloggings from a School Psychologist, Animal Rescuer, and Education Advocate
- Los Angeles Eco Village: Reinventing How We Live in the City
- Sistas From Cali: Inspiring Young Women and Girls to Love Themselves
- Special 2 Me: Special Education
- The Gratitude Garden: Shift Your Perspective and Focus on the Goodness of Life
- The Jungle Trek: We Travel to Live, To Wonder, & To Explore
- Walking Papers Blog: A Long, Strange Family Trip
If you’ve been nominated for this outstanding award, take a moment and pay it forward. Rules & Guidelines:
- Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself. [See Below for Examples]
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
7 Facts About Me:
- Christine’s favorite thing to do is to have a picnic in a palm tree filled park with a old-fashioned newspaper and fake chicken curry salad whilst looking out onto the beautiful ocean.
- Christine loves to say “whilst”.
- Christine has frequented the Farmers Markets in all of the cities she has lived in and is trying her darndest to live a vegan and gluten-free life style.
- Christine desperately misses cheese.
- Christine also desperately wants a dog, preferably a Collie or a Chow that is ten times her size.
- Christine has two younger sisters, whom she considers her best friends in the whole wide world.
- Christine started Terry Tutors because she wants to change her piece of the world. She combined her passion for advocacy with her love of education and created her own perfect job.
Christine Terry, J.D., is a Special Education Advocate & Founder of Terry Tutors. She created the One Comprehensive Support Service for The Struggling Student by combining Academic, Behavior, and Advocacy support. Want to Know More? Head on over to TerryTutors.com.